Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Dear Lord, I do not understand

Picture by Ken Roosenberg

If you click on this picture to enlarge it and look closely over the top of the window opening on the left side of this crumbling building, and you will see the green leaves on the small tree behind the building. Look even harder (you may even need a magnifying glass to see this) and you will see a clearing in the distance over the top of that tree. Near that clearing is the elementary school for this area. From where I was standing taking this picture the pastor estimated that the school is about 3.5 miles away as the crow flies, and even longer by the dirt road. The children from this area walk to this school every morning and back home everyday! The terrain is terrible. I cannot imagine making this trek even once let alone every single day, and the road is very rough, mainly large rocks with a little dirt.

There is no way that most of us Americans would make this trip even once. Most of us would just quit, yet these kids from 1st grade through 7th grade do it daily. Dear Lord, I do not understand why life has to be so hard for some people and so easy for others? Why do some have plenty, and others are lucky if they get one meal a day and have more than one outfit to wear all year long? How can a King and his staff live the life of extravagance and stand by why the general public is struggling to find safe drinking water, struggling to get one basic, basic meal each day, and are dying of AIDS? Why have things gotten so bad in Swaziland and the rest of the world has not stood up and taken a stand to help them? I have so many questions and so little answers. I do not blame you dear Lord, I blame the rest of the world.

Again I pray and wait silently for you to let me know how I fit into this solutions for these people. I will continue to work on getting the 20' shipping container ready to go and await your unfolding vision in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment