Sunday, May 15, 2011

Picture and video of our 1st shipping container of supplies to Swaziland

Picture by Jumbo & Kriek Gerber, provided by Scott Borg

As many of you know, on December 15, 2010, New Hope Church sent our 1st shipping container of much needed supplies to the people of Swaziland, Africa. I have been trying for several months now to get some pictures of the distribution of these supplies, so our church members can see how their gifts have helped. We are now starting to get some of these pictures. 

I want to give a special thanks to Jumbo and Kriek Gerber for taking many of these pictures, and to both Jumbo and Scott Borg for passing them along. I know this has been very difficult for several reasons. One. because their schedules have been extremely busy with other groups visiting Swaziland, and secondly because trying to email pictures form Swaziland is a job in itself. The internet in Swaziland is very limited and sporadic and the bandwidth is very, very small. When our group was in Swaziland last October, it took almost two hours of trying to send back three pictures to our church. Again I want to thank them for these pictures, and thank all of the missionaries who helped in the distribution of these supplies.

Through the experience of us "Swazi Six", God has opened our eyes and our hearts for the struggling people of Swaziland. He has also allowed us to share our experiences in a way that has touched the hearts of many of our congregation and our friends outside of New Hope Church. It brings tears of joy to my eyes when I see the smiles on these faces as they get their new outfits, many of who are getting underclothes for the first time in their lives. God has truly blessed us in being able to provide these much needed clothes and other supplies. I hope this is just the beginning of a long and lasting relationship with the people in Swaziland. Last year their were six of us that went on the trip. This year there are 14 going (21 actually wanted to go, but that is too large for one trip). I am sure they will come back and share their stories, and hopefully inspire a whole  other group for the following trip. God is good!!

I welcome you to visit the following link to a my first attempt at putting together a video with music, showing some of the clothing distribution. The music is one of my absolute favorite songs and describes the mission that each and everyone of is called to do for God. Click on the link below to view our video.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - I'm so impressed - my dad posted to YouTube!! No, really, I am so impressed, and inspired, and in awe - you are doing such amazing things. And you are inspiring me to think about my own path and God's plan for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible to see. Was glad to meet the "Swazi Six"....I hope I'm able to see the 14 while I'm over there. I've seen the fruit of New Hope church first hand and I'm even more excited to see what's in store.

    ReplyDelete